Are you stumped on what to give the active friend or family member this season? New sporting equipment can be pricey, but shopping for the sportsman in your family does not have to be stressful. The solution is to think small. Smaller accessories are often overlooked, but much appreciated. For example: while new clubs may be great for the avid golfer, there is nothing like a nice new pair of golf gloves. Here are seven great ideas to get you started.
1. Water bottle. All types of exercise require proper hydration.The BPA-free Klean Kanteen water bottle (*Est. $18) is a gift every active individual will appreciate. Reviewers enjoy its durability and the convenient wide mouth, which easily accomodates ice cubes.
2. Yoga mat. Have a Yogi on your list? He or she can always use a new yoga mat. The Yoga Accessories Extra Thick Deluxe Yoga Mat is a great value at approximately $20 and comes in many vibrant colors.
4. Heart rate monitor. Whether the aim is to burn fat or build muscle, regulating heart rate plays a key role in any fitness plan. (Read our full report to find out exactly how.) The affordable and simple to use Polar FT1 (*Est. $40) is a perfect first heart rate monitor for any fitness-minded loved one on your list.
5. Backpack. A backpack makes a great gift for any sport enthusiast. Carry books to class on the weekdays and explore the local hiking trails on the weekends with the versatile and stylish North Face Jester (*Est. $55).
6. Sport (rugged) headphones. Give them the gift of music with a pair of rugged earbuds. The Klipsch s5i earphones (*Est. $130) are waterproof and durable to withstand whatever new adventure they tackle. Or check out the new and improved Klipsch s4i rugged in-ear headphones (Est. $100), pictured above.