Reviewers agree that the right travel pillow can significantly improve your
comfort while in transit. Here are some things to consider when shopping
for a neck pillow:
- Check that the pillow is washable or has a removable,
- Inflatable pillows are the easiest to pack because when
deflated they take up the least amount of space.
- Inflatable pillows may
work better when they are not completely inflated. These pillows will
expand even more when an airplane reaches altitude.
- Pillows made of foam or filled
with buckwheat or millet hulls take up more space in a travel bag.
can be adjusted in most pillows filled with buckwheat or millet hulls
because the hulls can be removed.
- Consider attaching your pillow to the outside
of your travel bag if it will not fit inside. Some pillows come with
pouches to facilitate this purpose.
- Before you take the pillow on a long trip, try
it out at home or, when possible, as a passenger in a car or bus.
- A neck
pillow should not be used by the driver of a vehicle.