Roasting pans take center stage at Thanksgiving, but most cooks use a
roaster year round for other types of poultry and large cuts of meat. The best
roasting pan includes a rack and will be slightly larger than the largest item
you need to roast (for the proper air circulation). Stainless steel, not
nonstick, is preferred for more flavorful gravies and sauces. While the
consensus clearly shows that the Cuisinart MCP117-16BR MultiClad Pro 16-inch
Roaster is the best choice in this category, if you have a smaller stove, or
are just cooking for one or two, the (Est. $100) is a
Top 5 Roasting Pan Reviews
- TheSweethome.com - The Best Roasting Pan, Lesley Stockton, Nov. 18, 2015
Lesley Stockton tests 11 roasting pans by cooking turkey, chicken and
veggies. A top choice and three runners up are named, either as upgrades or as
a cheaper option for occasional use.
- Cook's Illustrated - Roasting Pans with Racks, Editors of Cook's Illustrated, December 2013
Editors of Cook's Illustrated test seven roasting pans for performance
and for design and handling. One is Highly Recommended, two are Recommended
(with one being named a Best Buy), one is Recommended with Reservations, and three are Not Recommended.
- Amazon.com - Roasting Pans, Contributors to Amazon.com, As of September 2017
There is a wide variety of roasting pans available for sale at
Amazon.com and most get reviews that number in the hundreds. Top-rated products
are easy to spot and reviews tend to be detailed and helpful.
- BedBathandBeyond.com - Roasting Pans, Contributors to BedBathandBeyond.com, As of September 2017
BedBathandBeyond.com carries fewer roasting pans overall than
Amazon.com, but reviews tend to be just as detailed. In addition, reviewers can
say if they would recommend the salad spinner to a friend.
- WilliamsSonoma.com - Roasters, Contributors to WilliamsSonoma.com, As of September 2017
WilliamsSonoma.com is a popular destination for high-end roasting pans.
Pros and cons are included and reviewers can include demographic information
that includes their cooking skill level.