Cork, linoleum and bamboo flooring Review
- Made of easily renewable resources
- Can look stylish
- Bamboo is very durable
- Cork sometimes has plastic coating
- Linoleum needs more upkeep than vinyl
- Linoleum offers fewer design options
Consumer Reports covers "green" flooring options in its Aug. 2008 report. The actual rankings chart, however, requires a subscription. We found good general information on bamboo and cork flooring on the website of home-improvements columnist Tim Carter, and information about cork flooring on the website of home-improvement columnist James Dulley.
- Professional Installation Recommended
- Standard Thickness
- Cork: 1/8" - 1/2"; Linoleum: 3/100" - 1/10"; Bamboo: 3/8" - 5/8"
- Susceptible to Moisture
- Cork: Y; Linoleum: N; Bamboo: Y
- Susceptible to UV Fading