The 2nd generation Nest Protect effectively detects high levels of CO and smoky fires, and has additional features, such as the ability to silence those annoying nighttime low-battery chirps. The "killer" feature, however, is its ability to connect to the Internet to warn you of situations while you are away from home.
- Remotely warns you of danger
- Built in CO and photoelectric sensors
- Night mode silences low battery warnings when you sleep
- Interconnectable with other Nest alarms and devices
- More effective against smoldering fires than blazing ones
- Not as sensitive at sensing low levels of CO